[3830] SS CW KB1RI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 5 22:32:15 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KB1RI
Operator(s): KB1RI
Station: KB1RI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Remote Operation

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First attempt at remote CW contesting.  Decided to stick to a single band.
Struggled to get the audio configuration working properly on my laptop in the
early going.  Than fought with some network dropouts along the way.  The
internet at the hotel just wasn't good enough and the latency caused a few
fumbled QSO's.  My apologies to the ops on the other end that I'm sure got
frustrated with me.  I was too! I did learn about some of my station
limitations during remote access that I'll need to improve.  At least I
contributed a few points to the club score.