[3830] SS CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 00:57:36 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Concord, Ca

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

This was another portable operation from W7AYT's QTH in
Concord (EB Section).  Every Sweepstakes brings new surprises.
For this GiG, the newly installed Hy-gain 10 meter yagi didn't help.
I called CQ on 10-meters both days, was spotted on the RBN network
and yet no takers.  Instead, by accident the yagi produced 20 QSOs
on 15 meters and 9 on 20 meters - Go Figure.
The Ft-1000mp tuned nicely into a WQ6X Lazy 8JK sloper 12 mh and a
CHA-250 vertical; sometimes both run in parallel.
Picking up mults started off SLOW, ending at 70.
Not surprising, I never heard KP2 or NP4 (altho I did see a spot).
NE has been dormant for YEARS in SS.
This year KR0P single-handedly put NE on the radio. Thank You!  Thank You!
Where was VE5 & VE6?  Not to mention AL, MS, RI, VT & WPA.
Look for a writeup on this event next week in the WQ6X Contest BLOG.
I also took a look at BLASTs from the Past from SS-2007 until SS-2016.

WQ6X.Blogspot.Com

C U in SS Phone
   Ron
  WQ6X