[3830] SS CW W6JCW(K6XN) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 08:23:46 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W6JCW
Operator(s): K6XN
Station: W6JCW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs):

SN1PE (our Siberian Husky "Snipe") and I worked part time for about an
hour at a time then took a few hours off between ham radio watches with walks
and trips to the doggie park…and napping….we never did run a pileup but
just scanned the bands and used “search and pounce” if we came across a
needed State or multiplier while cruising across a band …..although every
once in a while we would get motivated and work anything we heard if we
hadn’t worked them before. We set fairly low goals for ourselves and were
frankly just looking for “new State” CW contacts running low power (mostly
just 100 Watts) to help earn ARRL WAS CW for the W6JCW radio club. I actually
had fun..but SN1PE enjoyed mainly the walks and the trips to the doggie
park….and the naps…between contesting radio watches. Thanks for all the
fun. 73, Ted, K6XN