[3830] SS CW VE9AA(@VE9AA/M) School Club QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 6 12:01:21 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: School Club QRP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): .1

Total:   1  Sections = 1  Total Score = 2

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I was going to get on and send "NB" (which is where I am) just to be a
sh!t disturber, but my beef is not with the participants. Just the organizing
committees of a very very few contests that hang tight to old values "just
because"...(just because you've always done something a certain way, does
not make it correct)

Instead of injecting a fly into the ointment by sending NB, I decided to just
continue my silent protest boycotting this contest (and CQP) who will not
permit us to play for the home team.  Instead they've come up with this place
they call "MAR" (MR for CQP) and force us to use it. (grouping us
conveniently as they see fit)

I know probably very few REALLY care, but it's my way of snubbing my nose at
these 2 org's for doing that.

There were several in NB, NS and PEI QRV this w/e, so it matters not.

I should mention, too, that the ARRL does not do this for ALL contests....just
a select few.

Weird !

Mike VE9AA "NB"