[3830] WAE RTTY W4PK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 12 18:58:47 EST 2017

WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

   80:  102  102     0    92
   40:  216  216    67   150
   20:  214  214   230   126
   15:   68   68    69    62
Total:  600  600   366   430  Total Score = 415,380

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Last time I participated in this contest was in 2013.  What a difference in
conditions over four years!  My personal best for that contest was 1335 QSO's
and 1296 QTC's for a score of 1,951,592.  This year conditions were fair at
best with 20M closing early every evening.  Also, this year I had a church
function I had to attend so I was not able to get on until after 2PM on
Sunday.

I did struggle with the QTC thing with the software I was using in that it had
to have perfect copy when I was receiving QTC's.  If I had to request repeats
about half the time I messed something up, my software would hang, and I would
lose what QTC's I had already "clicked" into the QTC window. I had
much better luck sending them.  My apologies to everyone who experienced this
with me.  Other than that I had fun and it was nice to hear all the PVRC
members on for this test!

73, Sam W4PK