[3830] SS SSB N6ZFO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 01:49:04 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SF

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Feast and famine is the word for this weekend.  I'm not sure my ears will every
recover from the strain of pulling exchanges out of the noise.

On 20m Sunday, I had a rate of 140 per hour for an hour, the fastest ever for
me in SS. . there were massive pileups.  Missing ME, I just made a comment
about it and suddenly out the pileup a station yelled "maine"; we
both got a good laugh out of it. .  and it was his first SF QSO.  Of course
later found many other ME stations, but never MAR.  VO2RAC was challenging. .
understandably, the op may have been a bit overwhelmed by the pileup, and would
just pause for a while.  I popped my call in on an empty frequency, and he came
right back.   Never heard PR, VI or MAR.

I'll never do this contest again . .  at least not until next year.

73 Bill N6ZFO