[3830] SS SSB WN1G Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 20 10:02:10 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WN1G
Operator(s): WN1G KY4F
Station: WN1G

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Alabama

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, Linda (WN1G) and I (KY4F) would like to say thanks for all the Q's!

Had trouble getting the DVK to work so we ended up going "old school"
for the first night and most of Sunday morning.  Then in a flash of brilliance
(i.e. reading the manual) I figured out the issue and life was much easier.

Lots of big numbers out there, but from this QTH, it was a real slog.  Passing
storms shut us down for 90 minutes in prime time Saturday evening.  After that
Linda had a good run on 80 and we were hopeful Sunday after sunset would
provide some decent rate.  Sadly, it was not to be.

We missed two mults- PR and SB.  Okay, PR is understandable, but SB?  What's up
with that?  hi hi.

Again thanks for the Q's.  See you next year!

73,
Doug and Linda
KY4F and WN1G