[3830] SS SSB K3CCR Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 22 15:46:23 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. N3UM
and W3GB operated Multi in SSB SS 2017. We both had more time
for SSB SS than we did for CW SS, 20 vs 11 hrs BIC, with much
better results.  With 2 ops each of us has to stay up late OR
get up early, but neither of us has to do both; it’s great.

For the first 4 hr. our rates on 20 and then 40 m. were only
fair, but we did well on sections; got 48.  We got far better
rates on 80 m. starting at 0108Z, 60-70 Qs/hr. for 4 hrs, with
77 and 75/hr. for the best two half-hours. Run rate slowed 05-
0530Z, so clicked spots till those slowed; QRT at 0603 with 75
mults and 430 Qs.

Sun. AM on 40 and 20 m. was slow, as Sun. SS often is; got
76 Qs and 3 nults.  Sun. PM rates were better; got MT and AK
on 15 m., NL on 20, and ND on 40 for 82 sections, and 170 more Qs.
Never heard PR or saw it spotted; sobering.