[3830] CQWW CW W1WEF SOABClassic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 19:52:22 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: SOABClassic HP
QTH: ct

  160:   29     8       14
   80:  214    15       57
   40:  448    25       86
   20:  719    24       90
   15:  226    19       68
   10:    9    34        4

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

WORST CONDX EVER!   Had a few great runs none-the-less, but too much like work
most of the time. Experienced fast QSB  a few times where I copied the first
half of a call and the second half faded away. Lots of puny weak signals,
perfectly readable sometimes followed by a booming signal that killed my ears.
I started thinking why don't they have a clipper in these radios?

Had a few problems with N1MM logger... I wish someone would publish N1MM for
Dummies! Normally I could hit F1 and it would put me in RUN and call CQ; not
this time. I had to hit Alt U to switch from S&P to RUN.   It seemed like
all of a sudden the characters in the CHECK box got bigger. Even before that
happened,I only saw a few calls in the check box...never the whole universe of
possibilities. I thought I had more zones than ever on 40 until I realized the
zone map didn't show zones not worked on any band. I want to see all the
zones...not just those "expected". I know there must be a way.
Sometimes I would hit Enter to start sending the exchange while still typing,
but it didn't send the whole call even though I had it already entered.

I had to go so high in the bands to find a hole I was afraid I'd get a
nosebleed!   hi  Sometimes I had to move because of phone QRM.

With a goal of 2M and an hour left to operate, I quit early Sunday afternoon
planning to get on 40 at sundown and get a good run going. The good run never
happened and I missed my goal when I ran out of time. I operated exactly 24
hours MM time.

I must have been getting tired when I caught myself pushing the button on the
Keurig to call CQ!    JACK W1WEF