[3830] CQWW CW W7AT(W7EW) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 21:29:56 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7AT
Operator(s): W7EW
Station: W7AT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   18     7        9
   80:   57    19       30
   40:   76    24       47
   20:   78    21       44
   15:  255    22       45
   10:   34    11       10
------------------------------
Total:  514   104      185  Total Score = 402,866

Club: The Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Well. That was fun. An absolutely laid back weekend. Worked S & P when I
wanted, Ran when I wanted, DXed when I wanted and most importantly- slept when
I wanted. Easy to do that when you're not competing but just having fun on the
radio.
 Random thoughts:  Reciprocity is an illusion- I hear EU on 80M well but rarely
work them. Does that mean my 80M Tx is crap...or I hear too well....or somebody
is running smoke?
   The quality of the CW is superb, mostly. Only two stations sent their call
as one long assortment of characters. I figured out one but the other is still
a mystery.
    The smart guys got their zones on 10M by scatter. It works.
    Now you can start really spiffing your 160M system, since you know what did
and didn't work because the ARRL 160CW and Stew Perry Extravaganza is just about
here. C U then.