[3830] CQWW CW K2AX(@KE2D) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 22:32:25 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): AK2S NP4H NY3B N3RG KD2HE N2RM KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NJ

  160:   80    12       40
   80:  284    19       77
   40:  675    32      117
   20: 1497    33      125
   15:  696    25      107
   10:   29     7        9

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks again to Mark O’Brien (K2AX), his wife Donna, and his family for
their hospitality and patience hosting this all-FRC group at their home.

This was an all-around team effort.  We operated around-the-clock for all 48
hours.  There is no single hour in the log where we made zero contacts, and
only one hour where one of the stations was “dark” in the middle of the
second night.  While we found it difficult to generate runs at certain times,
there were others where things really took off.  At some point, each one of us
would shout out: “I just got <favorite rare DX goes here>!” so
everyone got some excitement working unusual and difficult DX.

We had zero equipment failures and no serious problems.  However, one of the
Windows 7 computers insisted on installing updates and rebooting itself,
luckily at a slow point anyway and it only took a couple minutes.

This more than doubles the K2AX CQ WW SSB score from last month.  We didn’t
set any records with this but hopefully it helps the overall club total.

To all of the K2AX/FRC team, thank you for the hard work, support and
cooperation.

Go FRC!