[3830] CQWW CW W2EG SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 26 22:49:51 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: ENY

   40:  263    16       72

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Tough sledding for 100W and a dipole. I found I could not run except during the
hour before sunset at my QTH. Conditions not good first night. Better second
night and still better last night. I was QRV ~12 hours; not many Qs to show for
it: avr only about 22/hour. Some amazing pileups -- 5H3, for example. I spent
considerable time calling without success. He was working split. Problem was
that there were other stations running only about 2 kHz higher than his tx
freq. Tough for me to figure out where he was listening. Thanks all for the Qs.
    73, Rich, W2EG