[3830] CQWW CW S56A SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 02:31:08 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: S56A
Operator(s): S56A
Station: S56A

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: jn76gb

   80:   27     4       22
   40: 1766    38      146
   20:   17     6       11
   15:   19     8       10
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------
Total: 1766    38      146  Total Score = 562,672

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Two African zones 34 and 36 missing :-(  V5/DK1CE called me on Sunday evening
for 38.  64 QSO given to friends on other bands.  3V8SS and CR3OO gained most
points with good ears!  No luck with K1VR on 15 m.  Only 9A1A heard on 10 m.
Condx were good on 40 m but I am used to low power multipliers chasse.  So I
run for first 30 minutes and last two hours.  The rest was mainly S&&P.

I was surprised seeing 9A1P double my QSO numbers on Saturday.  Combined with
fresh snow static made my decision to take 3 hours nap easy :-)
No tech problems with FT1000MP apart from 160 m TX LPF relay failure.  Moxon
rotated smoothly.  Green 1K5W GS31B triode QRO cool but noisy in PC Tower box.
The plan was to let my CW robot run.  I couldn't modify April 1st 2012 software
version on Friday so I did all the hard work of two fingers typing :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.