[3830] CQWW CW K1ESE M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 08:03:21 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE W1HIS
Station: K1ESE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ME - USA

  160:   49     9       24
   80:  374    19       84
   40:  509    27      107
   20:  645    27      108
   15:  193    21       71
   10:    3     2        2

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Chuck W1HIS and I used my station for the contest.  I operated from the station
here in Waterford, ME and Chuck operated my station remotely from his home in
Belmont, MA.  I thought it worked out very well.

We used a K3 at my end and Chuck used a K3/0 mini from his place using the
Remote Rig box setup.  The amplifier is an Expert 1.3k and the tuner a Palstar
HF-Auto.  Both are controlled remotely.  The hardware worked well 99% of the
time.  The software worked well about 95% of the time.

Antennas are all wire, a 240' long doublet and a 66' long doublet.  Both are up
about 80 feet.

Thanks to Chuck for his time, effort, and operating skill to make this setup a
success.

73 de K1ESE
John