[3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/15Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 11:05:59 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOSB/15Classic HP
QTH: SDG

   15:  598    29       83

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Multiple computer to K-3 failures developed on Sunday,
so had a couple of hours' lost time.  Most of the day
was spent using a regular keyer without bandmap and
some of the keyboard functions.  Then the regular keyer
failed, so had to dig out an old backup keyer.  It was
a chore sending calls with the paddle like the old days.
Not that it matters much, since conditions were so poor.
This is my first Classic entry.  With conditions being
worse than last year, my score was down 13%.