[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 27 16:34:46 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N9TK KB9OWD K3WA N9CK K9CT WT2P
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

  160:  125    16       58
   80:  659    30      111
   40: 1034    37      141
   20: 1683    37      143
   15:  869    31      122
   10:   49    11       18

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Great teamwork! Lots of mults chased down and good interleaving between
partners. It seems very natural to this team to go back and forth on the same
band. Our best team hour was 298 at 1400Z Saturday on 15 and 20.

The conditions were pretty good for the most part. We started very well on 40
and 20 and then 40m got a bit mushy. Then the bands improved again. 40 in the
last few hours was very good...even in daylight. 20m was a very steady band
offering an early opening and then with great runs for a few hours to EU each
day. The Sunday openings on both 20 and 15 seemed a bit shorter. 15 had its
moments and we were delighted to get 122 DXCC. 10m was mostly open to parts of
SA and Caribbean. No Zone 3 or VE! 160m was better than the last few years but
we still didn't get a JA in the log. Quite surprised at that.

We were using the new FlexRadio PGXL amplifiers on each M/1 setup. So two
radios were sharing one amplifier. Each radio was interlocked and the amplifier
would switch back and forth...even on different bands. The station has lost some
weight with that change.

We also posted our scores simultaneously on CQ Contest and the Contest Online
Score boards using the WA7BNM website. It was a lot of fun competing against
our peers. Congrats to W2FU team that jumped ahead of us and finished strong. I
am sure there are others but they were not online.

73, Craig K9CT