[3830] CQWW CW 9M6NA(JE1JKL) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 28 01:27:53 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M6NA
Operator(s): JE1JKL
Station: 9M6NA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Labuan Island

  160:   39     8       11
   80:  350    20       51
   40:  965    30       91
   20: 1170    28       81
   15:  924    27       73
   10:  285    17       30

This was the first contest from my new shack.  I needed to move about 100m from
the old location this year.  The Tower #1 became no longer accessible, so I
managed to re-organize the antenna system using only Tower #2 with great help
of my host 9M6MO and my friends 9W6AS, JH1BXH and JA1EAX.

New antenna system:
5-el tribander for 10-15-20 @20m
2-el for 40 @23m
Vertical with 2 elevated radials for 80 @5m
Half Sloper for 160 @20m
SAL-30 for receiving
Thanks to the VA6AM's triplexer for 10-15-20, I still enjoyed SO2R.

Opening to Europe on 10 on the 1st day was a pleasant surprise, but I never
heard NA or SA on 10 throughout the contest. I am happy with the result under
the current poor conditions.  I am pleased to be able to come back to SOAB
here.