[3830] CQWW CW CR6K(CT1ILT) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 28 04:19:29 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CR6K
Operator(s): CT1ILT
Station: CR6K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: -choose state-

  160:  429    14       59
   80: 1245    23       86
   40: 2041    35      109
   20: 2435    31      110
   15: 1340    30      103
   10:   30    10       21

Wow what a contest, this is the 1st time ever I pass the 7500qsos mark, and more
is possible.

First of all I want to thank my girlfriend Ana, my mum and dad (CT1CJJ) for all
the support they have been giving all these years to maintain the station up and
running.
My flight from France to Portugal was at 17 local time and I arrived around 18h
local which is the same as UTC. It was Black Friday, the shopping Madness so it
took us longer than I wanted to get to the station. Luckily I have prepared
most of the station just after cq worldwide SSB. I usually sleep for 4 hours
just before the contest so I can make the full 48 hours but I wasn't able to do
it this time so I ended up making only 44 hours.

I operated about 90% of the contest in 2BSIQ with 1 keyboard and with scripts
configured in DXLOG and the remaining 10% s&p mainly on 160 80 40 and 10.
I started the contest with five straight hours at 260 qsos per hour but my
personnal best was 290 between 15 and 20m around 9am.
10m never opened to run, I guess I tried to run 2 times without sucess.
When running USA on 15m and 20m I noticed very low activity from east coast and
lots more from west coast, even on 80m I dont recall making that many qsos with
W6/7.

The new station is performing amazingly well and all the antenna switching with
touch screens is really a killer.

I want to thank everyone who called me and season's greetings to everyone.

73 Filipe CT1ILT