[3830] CQWW CW NP2X M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 28 11:04:33 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP2X
Operator(s): K9VV NE9U
Station: NP2X

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   50     4       11
   80:  750    24       81
   40: 1318    29      104
   20: 1513    28       90
   15: 1597    26       92
   10:   81    13       23

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

About a year ago, Fred invited a couple cheeseheads and a flatlander to come
down for a hard core m/2 operation.  Due to various circumstances, not the
least of which was a glancing blow by hurricane Irma and a direct hit by
hurricane Maria, plans didn't work out! An official weather station nearby
recorded a 193 MPH wind gust from Maria.  Fred being on top of a hill probably
hit 200+!  Antennas don't like that!

Anyway, one cheesehead made the trip anyway.

We were able to get a few antennas on the air, including a 20 meter monobander
fixed on Europe, an A3 rotating for 10,15, and 20, and 80 and 40 meter inverted
vees.  Never got anything up for 160, so shorted the coax on our 80 meter
inverted vee and fed against ground for our 50 qso's.

Fun time in the Caribbean compliments of Fubar!  (Caribbean friends united by
amateur radio)

NE9U is hanging around for ARRL 160 this coming weekend and we should have
something radiating on that band by then...assuming the Rum holds out!

Scott  NE9U
Fred K9VV/NP2X