[3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 28 17:34:07 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD LZ1PM LZ2HQ LZ3UP LZ1UQ IZ2GRG LZ2CJ LZ2UU LZ3FM LZ3SM LZ3RR LZ2PEP LZ1ANA LZ3UM LZ1PJ LZ1FG LZ1VLS
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

  160:  1318    20       86
   80:  2435    34      127
   40:  3466    38      159
   20:  2220    40      145
   15:   993    38      144
   10:   182    19       53
-------------------------------

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

We did better than in 2016 in poorer 2017 condx, but looks like 2nd from 2016
will be third in 2017 swapping places with M6T guys this year :-)
(Still waiting for DF0HQ and ZA1WW scores though, so we'll see )
M6T gang made more QSOs on higher bands which this year were not so productive
here at LZ9W for some reason.
Two new antennas at LZ9W in 2017 CQWW CW part:
1. 4SQR (a ka K8UR ) on 40m which helped a lot for really good score on that
band (TNX LZ1UQ, IZ2GRG and LZ3RR )
2. 2 element Quad on 160m erected between two hills and fixed West. This one
was quite  noisy on RX most of the time, but proved indispensable on TX. It
combined nicely with 320m Beverage in the same direction. Other antennas on top
band were - Beverages to East and South plus Inv.Vee at 45m and 26m T-Vertical.

First time ever we made over 1300 QSO on 160m.

Some of listed operators were part time, with 10 putting a full effort.

THANK YOU ALL for QSOs.
See you in WPX SSB 2018

73 de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team