[3830] CQWW CW OM7M M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 30 12:06:49 EST 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7M
Operator(s): OK2BFN OM2KI OM2IB OM3PA OM5RM OM5RW OM5ZW
Station: OM7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Slovakia

  160:  260    24       93
   80: 1355    34      129
   40: 2827    38      161
   20: 2184    39      144
   15:  718    38      150
   10:   97    16       52

Club: LBCC

Comments:

What a contest. Two weeks before  we did not know whether we would go contest
due to damaged antennas and rotator. We fixed mainly 20m (3x4el) which was
broken , half squares for 80m, half sloper for 160m, and 2nd direction
rotator.

Contest started in a big style. In 2 hours we had 600 QSO’s in our log and
propagation was pretty good on low bands. 80m and 40m played very well and we
were gradually getting slightly in the lead. But the most critical hour has
come.  Around 17UTC 20m closed here and we had to QSY to 40m running the JA
pile up. Our rivals from South and West EU had advantage for longer openings of
20m and score is nearly equal.

Second night we focused on 80m and from midnight we were there. Some nice mults
was come and we were logging KH6J on 80m.  Sunday condx were worse and we
suffered from poor propagation. 15m was very weak. We had constant lead 300K
over our friends IR4M but everything was open.

Finish was really exciting with our Italian friend and until the last moment we
did know who is the  winner. We have to wait for official results after UBN
checking.

Anyway congrats first goes to Romagna Contest Team IR4M for their amazing run
and IR4X and TM6M crew for the nice competitive score.

Thanks for calling us 73!
OM7M crew