[3830] CWopsT N5AW/0 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 4 10:19:24 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 4

Call: N5AW/0
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW/0

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO (DM67)

Total:  60  Mults = 56  Total Score = 3,360

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well this was a different experience. When I started unpacking my gear after the
drive up here from Texas I found the carrying case for my K3 had my K3/0 in it
instead. And of course none of the other gear for remote operation. That left
me with only an old Tentec Argosy that had been sitting on the shelf here in
Colorado for years. Analog frequency read out, no computer interface and about
50 watts output. The portion of the bands where CWT activity takes place is
about an inch and a half of dial. There were also some stability issues
probably from dirty contacts in the band switch. And of course the selectivity
was nothing like the K3. Biggest challenge turned out to be the receiver
tuning. Finally found things were a little easier running than S&P.
Probably should take this old radio apart and clean things up but first I will
try CWT again later today. Bear with me folks!

N5AW/0 ARCHULETA COUNTY, CO