[3830] ARRL 10G+ VE3CRU 10G Only LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 6 15:37:27 EDT 2017

ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: 10G Only LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  10G:   13       3557
  24G:
  47G:
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
---------------------------
Total:   13       3557  Total Score = 4,957

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Team:

Comments:

Drove west to Wheatley EN82sb to start first of 5 stops.  Was soon met by my
cousin Bruce Burgess VE3NGE from Chatham who wanted to see what we do on 10G.
Bruce ran to 3 stops, and was given a surprise package of material etc to build
WA5VJB Cheap Yagi's which were built a week later with flat swr across the band
on 144 and 432.   Saturday was fun, working mostly across Lake Erie.  Out of 23
qso's  only 3 were Canadian.  The last stop, at EN92lp saw 7 qso's to EN91kt in
8 minutes, wish that happened more often.

Sunday was a trip along Lake Ontario, with only Dave K2DH around for 5 qso's
after I extended my travels 50 km to add the last 2.  Cancelled week 2.

Thanks to the sponsors and to all who participated and gave me points.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU