[3830] CaQP NG7Z SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 8 19:14:20 EDT 2017

California QSO Party

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Marana AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 2:15

--------------------
Total:   65     0  Mults = 31  Total Score = 6,045

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

IC-7300 and a vertical. I started out on 20M hoping to catch N California
stations. After working the loud guys it was a fruitless chore to find new
ones. So I gave up after an hour and came back once 40M was open. As some have
pointed out, the CQP is rather tough being that AZ is so close. Sunday AM
early, I got on again. This time on 80M which is my weakest band given the
cramped space in the back yard which gives me little room for radials. Just got
the loud guys again and back to 40M to finish up. I used to look forward to this
QSO party when I lived in WA state. Now? Not so much. Anyway, I heard some big
serial numbers from the usual suspects. K6XX, W6YX, N6IE, W6YI and so on. So
next week is the alleged AZQP and based on my numbers and time spent last year,
I'm not so sure I'll participate this year. Besides, we still haven't received
any word on last year's results. Go figure. Many thanks to the CA organizers.
They do a lot of work to make it happen. Paul NG7Z