[3830] CaQP N6TV SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 8 20:55:18 EDT 2017

California QSO Party

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: CA

--------------------

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

First, thanks to all the hard-working County DXpeditioners who spend lots of
time, money, and effort to help put some very sparsely populated California
Counties on the air.

With the low K-index, conditions seemed pretty good, but activity on CW seemed
way down, and I logged 160 fewer CW QSOs than last year.

Missed Alaska and North Dakota -- did anyone work those on CW?

10m seemed to open briefly both days, but it was spotlight propagation, and I
just couldn't seem to get much going there.  Conditions on 160m at 0500z were
also just fair.

Worked quite a number of Europeans on 20 and 15, some very loud.  Very few
JAs.

Struggled with the software; the automated alternating CQ scenario refused to
send any CW after sending the CQ, so I had to do it all manually the entire
contest, requiring lots of button-pressing.  Further investigation required.

Ants:  5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80 rotary dipole, shunt-fed
tower 160
Rx Ants:  VE3DO Loop
Rig:  Elecraft K3 (2)
Amp:  Alpha 87A (2)