[3830] CaQP NC6DX M/MFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 9 13:06:05 EDT 2017

California QSO Party

Call: NC6DX
Operator(s): K6ON K6XN K6YN
Station: NC6DX

Class: M/MFixed LP
QTH: NEVA

  160:
   80:   11     54
--------------------

This was a casual effort from our cabin in the Sierra in Nevada County at 5000
feet in a forest. Before we could operate we had to repair our solar power and
battery back up system, auxiliary fuel tanks for our generators and other
repairs. We have a monster 24 battery of commercial batteries wired in series
for a 48 volt battery backup array for our processor controlled pure sine wave
inverters (long story). We ended up replacing one of the twenty four monster 2
Volt commercial batteries and fabricating new battery cables among other things
(including fixing and reparing our logging computers and "in-cabin"
wifi syatem for linking the logging computers). Bottom line is that we got
everything working and were able to provide at least 774 QSOs from NEVA for the
deserving on four bands. We had a lot of fun. Thanks all for another fun CQP
event. K6XN for the "Super Bobs" K6ON and K6YN and K6XN Ted.