[3830] Makrothen RTTY WV6I(N6WM) SO/Single Xcvr HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 15 12:20:44 EDT 2017

Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: WV6I
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: CM87
Operating Time (hrs): ~4

Total:  121  Total Score = 431,184

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

A busy weekend with little time, so 2 objectives here

1-Casual supportive entry using my club call, off an on throughout its 3
periods, for a great contest needing more participants.

2-test the capabilities of my very conservative Fremont city lot flex test lab
station.

results--
My resonant dipole on a chimney mount remains a potent antenna!

A garden mounted commercial vertical with some decent radial deployment can
also work pretty well.

3-conditions could not have been that terrible considering Friday onset of
geomagnetic storm and also considering who and where I was able to work with
this setup.

Thanks to K6TU and the PL-259 group for recognizing the value of distance based
contesting and giving this a new lifeline!  Hoping for aggessive marketing and
getting more participants in the future.

Condx @ N6WM Fremont lab:
FLex 6700/SmartSDR/FlexControl/K6TU control iOS
Elecraft KPA500/KAT500
20/15m - SteppIR Dipole Chimney mounted ~30ft
40/80m - 5btv ground mounted in garden

Good luck to all the serious participants
73 and seeya next time

Chris
N6WM/WV6I