[3830] Oceania CW VK4SN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 15 16:20:11 EDT 2017

Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: VK4SN
Operator(s): VK4SN
Station: VK4SN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23:00

  160:    4     2
   80:  115    93
   40:  335   220
   20:   63    47
   15:  305   172
Total:  847   550  Total Score = 2,009,150

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, amazingly I did quite well in terrible conditions.  With the SN=0 and the A
index at 45
at the start of the contest, local storms caused unwanted QRN on top. 160m was
so bad that
even a local contact was mostly impossible.  40m opened up nicely to EU around
1230z and 80m
was good almost anywhere after midnight local.  20, 15 and 10 meters was the
worst I've
experienced for a while and had to fight for many a QSO against noisy bands,
and QSB that
would drop a station out completely on 15mtrs.  No sleep for me this year and
made almost
the exact score as last year where I managed a 6 hour nap.  Hope for better
condx next year.