[3830] AzQP K7HKR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 16 03:56:38 EDT 2017

Arizona QSO Party

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:          5
   20:          2
   15:          1
----------------------------
Total:   0      8       0  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 6  Dig Mults = 0  Total Score = 48

100 watts, two magnetic loops from AZ

I only had a few hours available each day and was mostly interested in handing
out the 15-meter phone multiplier for Yavapai county.  I called CQ for about an
hour total, mostly on 15 but also 40 and 80 at appropriate times, and made 5
QSOs.  15 was open to at least PA and/or TX (and the Canary Islands) near those
times as they heard me fine when I responded to their CQs.  The only responses I
got on 15 were a local and a station from NY that I lost in the noise before
completing the QSO.  I would have done much better if I had called CQ longer,
but I wish 15 would have been more active; if a ham calls in a forest and
doesn't get spotted, did he really make a sound?