[3830] Oceania CW WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 16 15:40:41 EDT 2017

Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Remote Operation

  160:   0      0
   80:   1      1
   40:   9      9
   20:  11      9
   15:   8      7
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  29     26  Total Score = 2,132

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook.
I ran the K3 into an ACOM-2000a amp at around 1kw.
I used all the antennas on tower #2 (80-m Inv Vee, 40-m Yagi & 3-el
Stepp-IR).
While the space weather condx were horrible (poking "holes" in
signals),
I was amazed by how strong some OC stations were.  It was nice to add a
couple of new countries to the WQ6X Fallbrook area log.
The upper bands were certainly open (according to DXMaps.Com at any rate).
Pointing the antennas Southwest would often find stations POP-ing thru
the noise.
You can read my writeup on this and other contest events during the
weekend at the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
WQ6X.Blogspot.Com.