[3830] CWopsT AE7EU QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 19 00:08:50 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Oct 19

Call: AE7EU
Operator(s): AE7EU
Station: AE7EU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CN94ia

Total:   3  Mults = 3  Total Score = 9

Club: CODXC

Comments:

CWA....

Hooo baby 9 points

I can kinda decode folks, if I know what to look for.  I started out cheating
this time, listening repeatedly for the callsign, verifying it in the CWOps
score list, and then seeing if I could decode their exchange.  If not, I looked
the name up on QRZ and then extrapolated.  Had to look up CWOps #s, but didn't
make the contact if I couldn't hear it.  First thought I couldn't get anyone,
then realized VOX wasn't turned on with the KX3... this is required in order to
send CW via the key... whoops!  5W out the pipe into a 40m vertical.  Somehow
got out on 80m, which is nice proof it tunes up, even if it was
"just" california.  I'm sure 90% of the power was lost in the coax...