[3830] TBDC VO1HP Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 22 08:17:16 EDT 2017

Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GN37
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 113  Total Score = 1,379

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Dame 160 the old beguiler....build up with great expectations and then the big
let down!.   Worked first Qso OL5W at 20:00Z 33 mins before local SS....12 Q's
in the log before SS and I thought this is would be a great night!  By 22Z 53
Q's in the log including RY9C at 20:59.  I had to go out for the evening at 22Z
and upon returning at 0100...what happened to the band....?
Very few signals- hardly anyone CQing .  60 Q's over next three hours and
finally gave up at 0430.  Strangely very few signals but those that called from
Eu were all strong.  Also quite a few non-contesters that called didn't send
their grid square and had to prod over and over for the correct response.  Only
a handfull of
stateside heard and worked and all signals were well down.

The big non-contest thrill was hearing FR4NT at 0118z calling D1DX.  he had a
good signal and now have set up a sched for tonight!!

K3 Remote woyj K3 mini + KPA500 + KAT500
TX: Invl L (Bend at 56ft over K2AV FCP  see www.k2av.ga)
Rx:  200ft long unterminated BOG NE/SW  22ga magnet wire and 200ft
satellite grade  RG6.