[3830] NyQP K1RO SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 22 09:58:13 EDT 2017

New York QSO Party

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: NH

  160:    5      2
   20:   32      1
----------------------------
Total:  125    261      0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 27,594

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to the Rochester DX Assn organizers/sponsors and New York stations for
another fun event. It was hard sitting in the chair all afternoon with a sunny,
clear sky and 70 degree temps, and I took an hour off for yard work.

Last year the only county I missed was SCO, and of course this year I worked
two stations there... Missed a bunch of others, though: BRX, CLI, ESS, ORL,
SUL, TOM, WAR and YAT.

There didn't seem to be as much CW and mobile activity as last year, so I ended
up spending more time on SSB. That resulted in about 60 more QSOs but with the
lower multiplier my score is almost exactly the same. I was glad to be able to
work more stations on backscatter on 20 CW than last year, and also some
contacts on 160.

Special thanks to mobiles N2CU and WJ2O (13 QSOs each), KV2X (8 QSOs) and K0BAK
(3 QSOs) for keeping it interesting, and to fixed stations K2ZWI (NW2K), AB3CX,
and W2SO for many band/mode QSOs.