[3830] IlQP KI9A Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 22 21:21:43 EDT 2017

Illinois QSO Party

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: Scla

  160:      1
   80:    102       56
   40:    173      189
   20:     31       20
------------------------
Total:    307      265  Mults = 134  Total Score = 119,010

Club: PRIME,ARA

Comments:

Wow...what nice time operating without an S8-9 noise level for the first time in
several years! This is fun again!

I wanted to give myself another antenna option on 40, other than my 135' ling,
open wire fed perverted V ( 50' one leg horizontal, one leg down as a vee.)

So I put a 40m loop, apex up, fed on bottom up about 40'/4' on bottom, and an
elevated radial wire vertical. Didn't really see much if any difference.

The last hour was horrible...with these poor condx, might be worth the
organizers to consider moving this back one hour...

Sent from my iPad