[3830] IlQP WN4AFP Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 23 13:09:47 EDT 2017

Illinois QSO Party

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: SC

  160:
   80:     22        6
   40:     80       13
------------------------
Total:    102       19  Mults = 73  Total Score = 16,278

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

What a fun contest! I had responsibilities that took be away from the race, but
I did enjoy my 5 hours in the ILQP. I even had a 60 Qs per hour S&P rate at
one time. Special thanks to all the mobile and rover ops who kept the race
interesting... N9JF, AD4EB, N0I, K0PC, WB9CIF, K9CQ and ND9E. What good ears
you mobile ops had through the ongoing pileups. I had the pleasure of attending
the Egyptian Radio Club hamfest many years ago, so W9AIU always brings back a
few memories. Due to my time limitation, I started searching for multipliers
and CW only. After about two hours of that, I started working anyone and also
made a few phone contacts. I stopped for dinner at 2200z and told my wife that
I would return at 0100z after earning an edible prize in the ILQP. At 2230z I
only had 51 multipliers, so I had 24 new mults to work during the next few
hours. It was 0046z and I had just worked K0PC/m in Mercer for 73. I had 14
mins to work 2 more mults. I scanned 40m and 80m phone and CW and finally found
N9WEW at 0058z. I tried to work him on 80m phone with no success... I came up
short, but had a ball trying. Thanks to Jim and the WIARC for putting on an
excellent contest! 73s Dave WN4AFP