[3830] CQWW SSB OH6QU SOSB/15Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 29 15:31:55 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH6QU
Operator(s): OH6QU
Station: OH6QU

Class: SOSB/15Classic HP
QTH: Maalahti

   15:  402    32      117

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I don’t like SSB contesting, that’s sure. Normally I participate SSB
contests just to give out some points and to do some experiments with my
station. This time I was testing my newly built stack of three TH7DX
tribanders.

It was nice to see that antennas performed well especially when you need low
take-off angles. With the help of this new setup I managed to work several
stations from zones 3, 4 and 31 during the late Saturday evening & night
via polar path opening on 15 M. Special thanks to WA6TQT, KH7M, VE6FI, NH6V,
KH6J, NH6JC, VE5PV, KH6CJJ, K7ZS, W0AIH, W0CP and AA9A to realize that I
wasn’t from Asia but from EU and your patience to pull me out of noise. I was
able to hear dozens of other US stations during the evening & night on 15 M
but unfortunately they were doing S&P and therefore no opportunity to make
QSO with them. The last US stations on 15 M were audible here as late as 00 UTC
(02 AM local time).

CU in CQ WW CW!

Jari OH6QU & OG6A
https://www.qrz.com/db/OH6QU/