[3830] CQWW SSB W4VIC SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 29 17:15:09 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 17 HRS

  160:    4     3        3
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  164    19       64
   20:  196    20       72
   15:  297    19       88
   10:   44     6       10

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Hurrah for 10 and 15 meters!  Who suspected that was going to happen?  That was
quite a work-out.

My 80M antenna would not load in the range I needed for this contest and the
big high power auto antenna tuner wouldn't bring it down to safe limits
(possible operator error??).  I've got to improve that antenna before the CW
segment!

It was certainly wonderful to hear so many high-functioning and friendly ops in
this event!  I missed being able to give (and take) Qs from a whole bunch of
folks whom I recognized by call sign.  Good job, all.  Thanks for the Qs.  73,
Vic, W4VIC