[3830] CQWW SSB N2FF SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 29 18:01:34 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Williston, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 16:35

   80:   10     7        8
   40:   43    11       34
   20:  179    23       74
   15:  147    19       77
   10:    2     2        2

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Friday night was a bust.  Twenty meters was covered with noise.  The noise floor
was S 9 across the entire band when I pointed the quad north.  I thought it had
something to do with the new Victorian street lamps the village installed
earlier in the week.  Luckily the was not noise Saturday morning and it did not
return when the lights went back on Saturday night.  What was it?  That remains
a mystery.

I spent more time in the chair than I planned as conditions were better than
expected.  I had a good time packet pouncing.  Had to lower the tower Saturday
evening as a big storm approached on the 5th anniversary of Sandy.  Spooky!!!

I hope to be V26FF from Antigua in the CQWW CW in November from my daughter's
rented house. I don't think I will be big competition for V26B as my antennas
will be wires with 100 watts and I am NOT a great CW run operator.  But it
should be interesting.