[3830] CQWW SSB KD9MS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 29 20:12:08 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL (04)

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    3     2        2
   40:   15     5       11
   20:   50    16       35
   15:   48    13       29
   10:   40     7       19

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Low power let me down in this contest. Lack of sunspots and no time to work on
the 80m antennas left me lacking. So I did what anyone in my position would do:
I turned up the power on the FT2000D to 200 watts and just had fun. My son had a
soccer game on Saturday about4 hours from the QTH, that knocked out about 10
hours of prime contesting.
10m wasn't too bad, 15 and 20 were pretty good, but the low bands were so busy,
my second radio was useless at 100w. I kept the FTdx1200 on 15m and worked some
EU and SA. Still had fun and best of all, soccer season is over!
73,
Craig KD9MS