[3830] CQWW SSB VE7XF SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 01:00:44 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CN79

  160:   11     5        5
   80:    5     3        3
   40:   47    16       24
   20:  224    24       78
   15:  183    22       58
   10:    2     1        1

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

No towers/beams up yet, but this is the first contest in a year that I felt that
my temporary antenna wasn't good enough!
Now that's an incentive to dig a hole and pour some concrete!

Otherwise, really loud signals on 20m, Friday night and Saturday. Even 40m was
good Fri night - I think I worked more Eu on 40 than on 15 during the day. I
did hear some juicy ones (A4, A7, FR), but they didn't hear me. I think this
antenna is better off the sides than off the ends, in spite of the patterns you
see for multi-wavelength wires. It should be good for the SS next weekend,
though.

Interesting to see how condx will have changed for the WW CW next month.

Ralph, VE7XF
K3, Acom 1000, 260' doublet.