[3830] CQWW SSB FM5BH SOABClassic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 07:39:55 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FM5BH
Operator(s): FM5BH
Station: FM5BH

Class: SOABClassic HP
QTH: MARTINIQUE

  160:   24     5       15
   80:  419    18       51
   40:  723    26       89
   20: 1051    26       83
   15: 1152    27      103
   10:  377    14       25

At the beginning I was thinking to do a multi 2 but
this was not possible for several reasons.
I worked very hard to setup the station.
I put pass band high power filters and stubs on the both radios.
A lot of switching work with the bandecoders and antenna switches.
An attempt to repair the antenna rotator of the main tower failed.
I did the contest with the C31XR and the XM240 pointed all the time at 90
degrees full west. Otherwise everything worked very well during the contest.
I stayed 40 hours on the chair and I took two breaks for a total of 8 hours.
the 10m and 160m were disappointing as expected. The propagation was very
average.
there is now a lot of South American's station in the contest and it is very
good. the SO2R is really great. Here is the material used:
RADIO 1: FTDX3000
RADIO 2: FT 1000MARK V
MICROHAM U2R
OMPOWER 2500HF
ALPHA 8410
DUNESTAR LPF 600
YU1CF HPF with BANDECODER III
OK2CZ and UA2FZ ANTENNA SWITCHES
C31XR fixed to the west
XM240 fixed to the west
Spiderbeam
INV L 160M
INV V 80M
Long wire 240m in the neighboring cemetery
HF2V @ 10m with 4 radians hanging.
I spent a very good week-end. we are lucky to do the best hobby
of the Universe.
Thank you to all of you.
best 73 see you next time.
I am back to the job