[3830] CQWW SSB OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB/20Classic QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 12:17:46 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SOSB/20Classic QRP
QTH: JO70ae

   20:  18     5        12
Total:  18     5        12  Total Score = 374

Seems global weather won in WW SSB this year :-) Decided to do test of 4square
setup for comming CT3 trip, but 9 hours of electricity outage due to windstorm
definitely changed my plans. Instead of testing 4square did only some
measurement of current balun (symmetry and loss). When my small backup power
supply finished, decided to give some points and try my IC703+ powered from
small spare AGM battery. Idea was no electricity = no QRN = excelent conditions
to test backround noise levels at my home location. Definitely enjoyed quite 20m
band without local industrial interferences. Lot of clean ham signals was there.
Especially thanks to W3LPL and TC0F for their good ears. Only wire antenna and
battery QRP with paper log at my side :-)

CU in CW part as CT3/OL3R