[3830] CQWW SSB NC0B SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 12:58:07 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NC0B
Operator(s): NC0B
Station: NC0B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ault CO

  160:    9    0        0
   80:   18    0        0
   40:   52    0        0
   20:  241    0        0
   15:  238    0        0
   10:  111    0        0
------------------------------
Total:  669    0        0  Total Score = 573,800

Great conditions from Colorado on 15 meters on Saturday was a pleasant surprise,
and not bad on Sunday. I only do S&P, and with the fading sun spots I was
amazed my score is about 10% above last year's numbers. On Sunday I checked 10m
at 1 PM local time, and within minutes the band took off.  Worked about 100 Qs
in 2 hours before I broke for lunch. 40m was a struggle to EU, even with the
new 2-element 40-meter Yagi at 70 feet. Saturday night on 40 was just weird
with only weak skew path to EU. For the first time I started the contest on
Friday night on 40m, and that was a waste of time. Should have started on 20m
where I went next. On an equipment note, I ran the IC-7300 exclusively on 20m,
and I continue to be amazed at its performance for a $1300 radio.  IC-781 used
on all the other bands except 10m, where it was a TS-990S.  Being in the middle
of the country, having 2 mono-band Yagis per band on 20, 15 and 10m is a real
advantage for an S&P operator. Changing beam directions at the click of a
switch really helps.  I'll update my zones and countries later, as I don't have
that info now.