[3830] CQWW SSB K3ZJ SOABClassic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 17:42:06 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3ZJ
Operator(s): K3ZJ
Station: K3ZJ

Class: SOABClassic HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   13     5       12
   40:   40    12       26
   20:   11    99        9
   15:  118    12       40
   10:    1     1        1

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Guests departed around 1600 UTC Saturday, so I drove the 160 km to shack in WV
expecting to put in a "classic" 20-24 hours.  However, problems with
software used with my SDR and an operator error required more time to be spent
on equipment than actual operating.  I'm still working on an audio delay
problem that vexes me. Mid-afternoon Sunday thunderstorms struck, winds
increased, and the temperature plummeted to 3 degrees Celsius (37 Fahrenheit).
I took that as a sign to leave.  But I did make at least one QSO on each band
and checked all antennas.  It was interesting that the only signal on 10 meters
at 1445 Sunday was CR3A working VU2 and EU before he heard me, I would guess off
the back of his beam.