[3830] CQWW SSB AA5UK SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 30 20:14:47 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA5UK
Operator(s): AA5UK
Station: AA5UK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN61

   20:   33     8       21
   15:   53    10       31
   10:   23     6       17
------------------------------
Total:  109   287       69  Total Score = 26,691

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Only had time for a very part time effort. S&P only looking for band fills
for DXCC.  I put up a quick 33 ft vertical pole on top of my building. I guess
the 12 story height helps with LP as I worked many exotic stations.

Saturday was tough and 15m was noisy and very fluttery at times. 20m wall to
wall callers. Frustrating! The first day is always tough due to the volume of
stations. Sunday was fun. Quiet bands, lots of new stations and 10m was wide
open to the South hours before contest end.

I chased VP2MDG both days and he could not hear me, yet I worked every other
Caribbean station that I could hear usually on the first or second call. My
highlight of the contest was working Stan ZF9CW on three bands from Cayman
Brac!