[3830] CQWW SSB EI1A(ON4EI) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 31 18:22:39 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI1A
Operator(s): ON4EI
Station: EI1A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IO62EL
Operating Time (hrs): 39:30

  160:  177     7       42
   80:  363    11       50
   40:  291    14       63
   20:  618    17       62
   15:  992    21       74
   10:   82    11       23

As usual and since 10 years, I travelled from Brussels to County
Tipperary to erect my antenna park on top of a windy hill.
This year, just a week after Ophelia storm, the weather was better
and I enjoyed spending 4 days in the fields to raise a lighter
antenna park than usual as my antenna trailer was still stuck in
the mud due to the past weather conditions.
The fields were so wet than each step was followed by a "splash"
and sometimes I've had cow mud up to my socks.
Just after my arrival in Ireland, my PC crashed and I had to buy
a new one but here the keyboards are QWERTY and not AZERTY,
what an additional challenge also but the main point is that I lost
all my usual software.
During the contest, I experienced a decrease of sun activity as well
as a decrease of "Tropical" activity.
I am sure that we are enjoining the 10 last years of good Ham radio
contest and I plan in the short future to visit engineering
universities and high schools to motivate students to join us.
73 from Olivier.