[3830] CQWW SSB N1UR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 31 19:22:04 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT

  160:   30     8       14
   80:  336    17       75
   40:  527    23       93
   20: 1252    33      103
   15: 1205    25       97
   10:  129    11       31

That was a lot of fun, yet challenging conditions on many bands.  Way better
than last year.  Not as good as the year prior.

160 was almost a complete wipeout here.  I never even heard any EU on 160.  A
number of Carib stations were workable although none were very loud.

I had some reasonable runs on 80M.  I really enjoy that band during the EU
sunrise.  Mults on 80 were okay actually.

40M was very poor at the start.  It got better as the contest progressed.
Although never heard Asia.

20M was a great band.  JA, Asia, great to EU and Russia.  I stuck with 20M too
long, hoping for some juicy Southeast Asia mults - they never appeared for me.
Although I did have some VUs call in.  Africa was very light in this contest.

15M was fabulous to EU.  The guys in Maine seemed to have it longer and
stronger than further west.  However, I could have done better on 15M.

10M was actually better than I expected.  SA on both days (Sunday better than
Saturday).  Some zone 33 and Atlantic zone 14.  That was it to the East.

It is interesting to see the difference in some of these marginal conditions
that the Coast of Maine/MA can make.  What a fabulous job K1DG did in this
one.
Fabulous effort OM!

On a side note, in the last couple of hours of the contest a big wind storm
started coming up here.  By 2am local (6 hours after the contest), the power
went out and was just restored a couple of hours ago (36 hours out).  That
was very lucky timing.

See you in CW.

73

Ed  N1UR