[3830] TnQP K9YC SO FixedCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 4 18:14:04 EDT 2017

Tennessee QSO Party

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO FixedCW HP
QTH: SCV

  160:
   80:   17                    14
   40:   21                    17
   20:   37                    30
-----------------------------------
Total:   75     0       0      61  Total Score = 14,025

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoy the better state QSO parties, and TNQP has been one of them for
quite a while. A big part of the run is chasing the mobiles from county to
county. This time around there were only two, at least on CW, and after only a
few hours, one of them started skipping 20M for several counties, and then,
long before 20 closed (the other mobile was loud for hours afterwards),
abandoned 20M completely. I made up my mind then not to send in a log.

When there are no mobiles to work, it becomes no fun, and it was several hours
before I could even hear fixed stations on 40M. So I quit for several hours,
returned to work the guys I could hear on 80 and 40, including K4ZGB, the
mobile who didn't abandon 20M. I worked Tom in two counties on 40M and two on
80M. I heard the other team on 40 and 80, but didn't call them.

Thanks to all the guys who did try to work west of the MS river.

73, Jim K9YC