[3830] NA Sprint CW KZ5D HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 00:35:08 EDT 2017

NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA

---------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: Pulled Pork

Comments:

Murphy has taken up a permanent residence at my QTH, it seems. My reliable Acom
2000A failed in late August. Needs a new logic board from LZ. Due back end of
September. So I decided to borrow an Alpha 99 from Charlie, N5WE. Got it set up
on Friday and made a few contacts to test it out. After 17 Qs the Alpha shut
down-hard fault. So my So2R effort was half and half. 500w HP with my KPA500
and 100w LP with a barefoot K3. The barefoot K3 was the 40 meter rig.

Did anyone mention lousy conditions? Ran out of stations in the last hour,
too.
Started fine, finished very slow. Hours 88-64-67-42.

Thanks for the Qs and the Saturday night fun!