[3830] NA Sprint CW K7BG(@K7ABV) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 10 01:05:21 EDT 2017

NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7ABV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT

---------------------

Team: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

The sale of the K7BG radio station was completed two days ago so I didn't even
think I'd be active at all in this contest. The new owners are not hams so the
towers are coming down.

My good friend Eric, K7ABV asked me if I wanted to operate from his famous
station here in Great Falls, so I accepted his gracious offer. It was the first
time I've operated from a city lot since 1994! I had a lot of fun even if I did
miss some of the various antennas and multiple beam headings I've enjoyed these
many years out NW of town at the now defunct K7BG radio ranch.

Thanks for all the Qs and especially thanks to Eric and Diane for letting me
play radio in their basement. K7ABV is and has been one of the most prolific
signals emanating from Montana for the last 60 years or so. It was a real honor
to operate at the helm of his station. He is the cat's meow when it comes to
DXing and contesting from Big Sky Country.

Thanks again!

Matt -- K7BG